Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy New Year

With the holidays over and the real world shining out at us from behind the clouds of snow, I have made my New Year's Resolutions, (written in pencil - a eraser to be found close by).

1. Excercise more.
2. Be more organized.
3. learn to play the piano pieces again that I once enjoyed but failed to keep up the practice.
4. Put paint on the canvas, instead of just walking by it.
5. Realize and enjoy the blessing that are mine.
6. Write, write, write.

The list goes on but these are the most important.

We actually had snow in St. George, for christmas, this year. It was beautiful. I have to say that I spent more time reflecting on the birth of the Savior, and how important He is in my life, than reflecting on my own life. I spent more time feeling grateful for my children and grandchilden than I did feeling sad that I couldn't have them gathered around me. (They all live out-of-state and I came down with Broncitis just a few days before we were to go Arizona to spend the holidays with our oldest son and his family).

The New Year brings with it more trials and more blessings. More challenges and more opportunities. They seem to always come in 2's. don't they.

Have a Very exiting 2009.

2 comments:

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Very admirable resolutions. And yes, you should paint and write more. Your pictures are beautiful and your writing wonderful. I hope every one of your resolutions comes true.

JoAnn Arnold said...

Thank you Kathi, for visiting my blog, and thank you for your support

Blog Archive