Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Sun is shining . . . oh happy day, lala lala.

Tis the song of a person who lives with Menieares Disease. Ah, yes, sun without clouds . . . A day without wind . . . It doesn't get any better than this because if its windy, I have to wear ear muffs when going outside. you see, if the wind gets in my ears verdigo follows within seconds. Yes, I know people look at me rather strangely when in the middle of the summer, (110 degrees in the shade) I'm wearing ear muffs while walking from my car to the inside of any store. But consider the alternative. (On second thought, don't consider the alternative . . . it's not a pretty sight). If the clouds are heavy and dark, I simply stay inside.

Next thought: On Thursday, April 23rd just after 8:00 a.m., I will have had my last radiation treatment. That day the sun will be shining. The temperature will be slidding up to the mid 80's and no wind is in the forecast. Yes!!!!!!

Now, on to the really important stuff. I want to give you my thoughts and a review of Kersten Campbell's book, "Confessions of a Completely Insane Mother."

This is a must have book, kept within reach at all times, so when you feel like hanging your child upside down inside his/her closet for misdeeds of the past 5 minutes, you grab this book instead - lock yourself in the bathroom -press earplugs deep into the ear canals so children's noises cannot penetrate - and open this book. Within a few minutes the misdeed will have been forgotten because you will be too busy giggling, chuckling, or outright laughing while thinking to yourself "I guess it could be worse."

Some chapters we all can relate to. take chapter 4 "Alice in Mormonland" for example . . . or Chapter 7, "The Secret Life of Wives." or Chapter 32, "How to Prepare for a Talk". (That one could be especially useful).

Now this is all I'm going to say about this book, because you have to read it to believe it, so I suggest you do just that. You will be much the wiser for doing so.

Thank you, Kersten, for writing this hilarious book

3 comments:

Krith said...

I will be smiling for you on Thursday! Hooray!!! This books sounds like just what I need. I am going to have to find it! I will probably be reading it multiple times each day! Ha ha. Good luck with your last few treatments.

Kersten said...

Thanks JoAnn! You are so sweet! Your book is a must-have book too! I'm reviewing it on my blog tomorrow!

Christine Thackeray said...

It was so wonderful meeting you at the conference! I'll come back often

Blog Archive