Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Crooked House



The Crooked House


Someone is trying to kill Liz Johnson and it’s up to quirky private investigator, Erica Coleman, to find out who. Erica is no stranger to murder and mystery, which is why her best friend’s daughter, Megan, turns to her when unaccountable and potentially fatal “accidents” threaten her roommate’s life.

 Once Erica arrives at the ramshackle old mansion known as Crooked House, matters go from disturbing to deadly as it becomes clear someone is trying to kill Liz.  As Erica begins to unearth secrets, she discovers a twisted web of love, money, greed, and deception. Although the police and friends sometimes find Erica’s OCD annoying, its those very traits that help her sift through evidence and see clues that others miss. Erica must draw upon her all her investigative prowess to keep Liz safe and unmask the killer before he can accomplish his deadly objective.

 As with all Erica Coleman mysteries, ten delicious recipes are included. 

As I read this book, I found that myself suspicious of one certain person for reasons not identifiable but that caught my imagination. At the end, when I found that I was, indeed, correct in my suspicion, I all but felt a kinship to Marlene Bateman. 

Thank you Marlene, for giving me this opportunity to read The Crooked House then post it on my web site.   

No comments:

Blog Archive